Sunday 24 May 2015

Healthy Eating at Restaurants

Pizza Express

Looking for healthy food at restaurants can be tough, but its not impossible. So here I am showing you some of the ways you can choose healthy food whilst eating out. 

Last night my family and I went out to Pizza Express for a meal to celebrate my Auntie's birthday.

After being shown to our table, which had a great view of the kitchen; where we could see the chefs hard at work, spinning pizza dough and topping them with lots of fresh ingredients. We sat down and ordered our drinks. I ordered a glass of water and so did my Grandma so the waitress kindly gave us a large jug of water for the table.


 Once our drinks had arrived at the table we started to look at what we all wanted to eat. I couldn't  quite decide between the Pianta pizza or the Leggera Superfood Salad with Salmon. I had seen the  Pianta pizza on the menu a few times before and had thought it looked good, but I have never  actually tried it. I thought of having the Leggera Superfood Salad because of the pictures of it that  were on the tables and the nice things that were in it like avocado and salmon.



 In the end, I chose the Pianta Pizza which had spinach, mushrooms, pine nuts, artichoke and rocket. The base was spicy was nice too but I did get through quite a few glasses of water. 

My pizza was lovely but when the waitress handed out the desert menus I couldn't say no.

I got two scoops of raspberry sorbet. it was very good, they left the raspberry seeds in so that was a nice surprise.

Tips on how to eat healthier at restaurants

Order vegetarian food or extra vegetables.

Get a jug of water for the table to make sure you drink enough water with your meal. if you don't like the taste of water on its own then ask your waitress to put some slices of lemon or lime in.

Eat out with your friends and take your time whilst eating.

Avoid dishes that are deep fried or cooked with lots of butter.

If you want a pizza, that's ok. Order a pizza with a thin crust.






Hope you like this blog post and have a lovely bank holiday weekend.
What is your favorite restaurant?

Joyfully Light



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Joyfully Light | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig